Grow In The Knowledge of Jesus Christ I
The purpose of the writing of second Peter:
1. To combat the belief and activities of certain men who were a threat to the churches.
2. To exhort believers to diligently pursue a true knowledge of Jesus Christ.
3. To expose and repudiate the insidious activity of false prophets and teachers among the churches.
4. To be on their guard so that they may not be carried away by the error of lawless men.
Peter’s encouragement to the church, and the duty of the Christian:
1. To stand fast in the faith.
2. To be firmly founded in the faith. 1 Corinthians 16:13.
3. To grow in grace.
4. To grow in the knowledge of Jesus Christ.